Have you ever wondered how could you add your own photo or representative image to a blog, forum or other social media sites while you are commenting? If you want to establish a relationship and trust with other bloggers or readers, it is good to show your face to them so that they can identify with you. This photo or image will become your avatar and once you have it set up, it will appear everywhere when you post a comment.
Here are the steps on how you can add your avatar photo,
- Go to Gravatar website and click on “Get your Gravatar today >>”.
- Enter your email address, please use the email address you normally use for commenting on other blogs, forum or social media.
- A confirmation email will send to your email address. Check your email and click on the link to activate it.
- You will be asked to add a photo or an image to your email address. You can select the photo from your own computer’s hard disk, internet or webcam.
- Do not worry about the size or cropping, you can upload the photo first and crop later.
- Once you have selected the part of photo you want and crop, click on “Crop and Finish” to go next.
- You will be asked to give a rating to your own avatar photo, they are G, PG, R and X. The main reason is some of photo may not be decent enough to be publicly displayed so it will fall under PG, R and X rated. But if you want to establish credibility and are going to show your face publicly then upload a good photo and select G.
- That is for the setup so from now whenever you post comment on other people’s blog, your avatar will nicely show up besides your comment just as below.
Try it and have fun!